Are you looking to settle down in the US? Do you want to settle in the US permanently? Then this article is for you, this will tell you everything you need to know about US visa sponsorship and the types of visa you will be needing to settle in the US. There are several different types of visas, each with its own requirements and restrictions, this article will give a breakdown of the visa sponsorship can help your family immigrate to America or visit for business or pleasure purposes.

Everything You Need to Know About US Visa Sponsorship

Who is eligible as a sponsor

One who is eligible as a sponsor must be able to meet certain criteria and qualifications. The sponsor must;

  • Be 18 years or older;
  • Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
  • Have sufficient income to maintain you at 125% above the poverty line during your stay in America (for example, if both partners work full time they should each earn over $36k per year);
  • Not have faltered in the past as a sponsor;
  • Have a clean criminal record.

Who sponsors visas?

It can be an individual or a company, regardless of which, the sponsor must sign a sworn affidavit on your behalf. The rules for your visa approval depend on what type of sponsorship you choose. If you are sponsored by a family member, it is generally easier to obtain approval than if you are sponsored by someone else (e.g., an employer).

How do I get a job sponsorship?

If you have an excellent ability in science, education, arts, or business (or as a fashion model) you can apply for an O-1 visa, which will be replaced by a job sponsorship. Although this is not the topic at hand it is also important you know that there are other options available aside the job sponsorship. What we are going to focus on is getting sponsored by an employer in the U.S. because this is much easier than applying for an O-1 visa and has more perks than just employment authorization.

Read Also: Employer Sponsorship for a Temporary US Work Visa

To have an employer you need;

  • A job offer from a U.S.-based company (or organization) that is open to foreign nationals; this means they cannot discriminate based on nationality or immigration status; they should also be able to prove that they will pay at least minimum wage if applicable; additionally, if the position requires specialized training then this employer should provide it for free during the first year after hiring you
  • A resume and cover letter describing why you are qualified for this position (you may want some help with these)
  • A phone interview with human resources representative(s) since HR departments always ask questions related specifically to hiring practices such as why did he leave previous positions? what kind of stuff do they do? etc…

What is the difference between a visa and a work permit?

A visa is a permit that allows a foreign national to travel to and enter the country but in this case the United States. It does not allow an alien to work in the US unless it is also combined with another type of permit (such as an H1-B or L1 visa).

A work permit, on the other hand, allows a foreign national to work in America for an employer who has filed an application on his/her behalf with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The alien must have been admitted into the country first through border control or airport inspection before they can be issued this document by USCIS.

What are the different types of U.S. visa sponsorships?

There are different types of US visas and these visas have criteria and requirements that are peculiar to them. The US visa sponsorship program is an opportunity for people to enter the United States as sponsored guests of another person or organization, who will be responsible for their care and well-being while they are in the US.

The most common types of sponsorships include:

  • Tourist Visa – This is the simplest form of visa sponsorship because it does not require any kind of formal arrangement between you and your host; however, it’s also the most restrictive in terms of length of stay (usually six months or less) and other factors such as work restrictions (you cannot work on this type).
  • B-1/B-2 Visas – These visas allow you to enter into negotiations with an employer on behalf of that employer without signing any sort of contract before entering into negotiations with them.

Read Also: How to Get a Study Loan in the USA

There are several types of U.S. visa sponsorships, each with different requirements and timelines.

  • Study Sponsorship: Students can apply for a study sponsorship to attend a university or vocational school in the United States. These students must be accepted by an accredited U.S. educational institution, pass their F1 Visa interview, and be able to pay for tuition, housing, and other expenses while studying in the United States on an F1 Visa (or other non-immigrant visas).
  • Work Sponsorship: Individuals who have been offered employment by U.S.-based companies may also be eligible for sponsorship through their employer if they obtain either an EAD Card or an H-1B Visa (depending on the type of work being performed). This requires that you have been offered a job with one of these companies; however, it does not guarantee that your application will be approved since they must still meet certain criteria set forth by USCIS when determining whether someone should receive this status or not.

Read Also: 6 Ways To Extend Your U.S Student Visa After Graduation

How long does it take to get a US Visa sponsorship?

The length of time it takes to get your visa sponsorship depends o the time of visa you are applying for, the location you are applying from, and the specific circumstances for the application.

If you are applying for a spouse or fiancé(e) visa, it can take up to 6 months for the USCIS to make its decision on your case. Likewise, if you are applying for an employment-based green card through sponsorship by an employer, this process can also take several months to complete.

The standard length of time required before receiving a decision from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is 6 months—and no matter what category of applicant you fall under or which type of sponsorship provides your path toward permanent residence in America, this is only after they’ve received all necessary documents from both parties involved in the application (typically you and your sponsor).


Leave A Reply