Taraba State University, Jalingo courses offered have been accredited by the National Universities Commission, NUC which gave them an order to legally carry out the lecturing of those particular courses.
Since its establishment, Taraba State University has been carrying out different types of courses and programs to eligible students who were admitted into the tertiary institution.
Today, MubeeCenter would be discussing about the courses that any aspiring student or applicant can choose to study in the institution.
Although there are many courses of Taraba State University, it is necessary for one to know and understand which kind of course he/she can choose (that will suit his/her SSCE grades result and even Jamb Result).
Some courses at Taraba State University are highly competitive, which requires more marks for one to be able to gain admission into the University.
Nevertheless, MubeeCenter would list some criteria for one to look into before choosing any type of program or course offered TASU.
They are listed below;
1. Combination of the Subjects of your SSCE (WAEC, NECO, or other)
2. Potential cut-off mark of the course. What this simply mean here is that the special cut-off mark in which your particular course need before one can gains admission into it institution.
Their is different between the cut-off mark and the potential cut-off mark. And what is the difference?
The difference is that cut-off mark means the general approved required marks of Taraba State University, while the potential one is the cut-off mark that is above the first one which will give chances of being admitted even if their are too much applicants that applied for the course. i.e cut-off mark = 120 (which is the general) potential cut-off mark= 150
Meanwhile, the potential one gives one more assurance of getting admission.
Without much wasting of time, it is highly important for us to discuss the Subject Combination too.
The subject combination of the Taraba State University course is almost the same with others, but with little difference.
The subject combinations are basic subjects which one study in his secondary school. They are mostly categorized as 5-6.
The subject combination can fall either in Science, Art, or Commercial. Below is a breakdown list of all the categories.
Mathematics, English, Physic, Chemistry, Biology
Mathematics, English, Literature, Government, Economics,
Mathematics, English, Marketing, Agriculture,
The above is much important for someone to know when choosing any TASU Course so as to avoid a misleading error. If you are science student, chose a science course and vice-versa.
While there are some general courses of Taraba State University which all category students can afford to study.
Now let go into the main point, which is TASU Courses.
See all below;
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION:
- AGRICULTURAL AND BIORESOURCES ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL SCIENCE
- ARABIC STUDIES
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND HAUSA
- EDUCATION AND HISTORY:
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE:
- EDUCATION AND ISLAMIC STUDIES:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION ARTS:
- EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND PLANNING
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SCIENCE
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT:
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HISTORY AND ARCHEOLOGY
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- HUMAN KINETICS
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE:
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PEACE STUDIES AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- POLITICAL SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- PRIMARY EDUCATION STUDIES
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- PUBLIC HEALTH
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
- THEATRE AND FILM STUDIES
- TOURISM STUDIES
The above are the current only accredited TASU courses.
They might implement other courses and porgeammes in the future as a matter of time. The institution is on it growing time.
- Taraba State University Requirement For Applying [UPDATED]
- Zamfara State University Requirement For Applying [UPDATED]
Those courses are major ones almost every Nigerian institution started with before expanding into more.
In a short brief tail, every wished student of the Taraba State University would choose among the above listed courses, apart from them, you can’t apply for any other courses in the particular institution.