Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife courses offered have been accredited by the National Universities Commission, NUC which gave them an order to legally carry out the lecturing of those particular courses.
Since its establishment, Obafemi Awolow University has been carrying out different types of courses and programs to eligible students who were admitted into the tertiary institution.
Today, MubeeCenter would be discussing about the courses that any aspiring student or applicant can choose to study in the institution.
Although there are many courses of Obafemi Awolowo University, it is necessary for one to know and understand which kind of course he/she can choose (that will suit his/her SSCE grades result and even Jamb Result).
Some courses at Obafemi Awolowo University are highly competitive, which requires more marks for one to be able to gain admission into the University.
Nevertheless, MubeeCenter would list some criteria for one to look into before choosing any type of program or course offered in Obafemi Awolowo University.
They are listed below;
1. Combination of the Subjects of your SSCE (WAEC, NECO, or other)
2. Potential cut-off mark of the course. What this simply mean here is that the special cut-off mark in which your particular course need before one can gains admission into it institution.
Their is different between the cut-off mark and the potential cut-off mark. And what is the difference?
The difference is that cut-off mark means the general approved required marks of Obafemi Awolowo University, while the potential one is the cut-off mark that is above the first one which will give chances of being admitted even if their are too much applicants that applied for the course. i.e cut-off mark = 120 (which is the general) potential cut-off mark= 150
Meanwhile, the potential one gives one more assurance of getting admission.
Without much wasting of time, it is highly important for us to discuss the Subject Combination too.
The subject combination of the Obafemi Awolowo University course is almost the same with others, but with little difference.
The subject combinations are basic subjects which one study in his secondary school. They are mostly categorized as 5-6.
The subject combination can fall either in Science, Art, or Commercial. Below is a breakdown list of all the categories.
Mathematics, English, Physic, Chemistry, Biology
Mathematics, English, Literature, Government, Economics,
Mathematics, English, Marketing, Agriculture,
The above is much important for someone to know when choosing any OAU Course so as to avoid a misleading error. If you are science student, chose a science course and vice-versa.
While there are some general courses of Obafemi Awolowo University which all category students can afford to study.
Now let go into the main point, which is OAU Courses.
See all below;
- ADULT EDUCATION:
- AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- ANIMAL SCIENCE
- APPLIED GEOPHYSICS
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING:
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING:
- COMPUTER SCIENCE WITH (ECONOMICS) (MATHEMATICS)
- COMPUTER SCIENCE WITH ECONOMICS
- COMPUTER SCIENCE WITH MATHEMATICS
- CROP PRODUCTION AND PROTECTION
- DEMOGRAPHY AND SOCIAL STATISTICS
- DENTISTRY AND DENTAL SURGERY
- DRAMA/DRAMATIC/PERFORMING ARTS
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND FRENCH:
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND HISTORY:
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE:
- EDUCATION AND LANGUAGE ARTS:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND MUSIC:
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND YORUBA
- EDUCATION FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGINEERING PHYSICS
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- FAMILY, NUTRITION AND CONSUMER SCIENCES
- FINE ART:
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HEALTH EDUCATION
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- INSURANCE AND ACTUARIAL SCIENCE
- INTEGRATED SCIENCE/MATHEMATICS EDUCATION
- INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- LINGUISTICS AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES
- LITERATURE IN ENGLISH
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT STUDIES
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICAL REHABILITATION
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- METALLURGICAL AND MATERIAL ENGINEERING
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- NUTRITION AND CONSUMERS SERVICES
- PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
- SOIL SCIENCE
- SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING:
The above are the current only accredited OAU courses.
They might implement other courses and porgeammes in the future as a matter of time. The institution is on it growing time.
Those courses are major ones almost every Nigerian institution started with before expanding into more.
In a short brief tail, every wished student of the Obafemi Awolowo University would choose among the above listed courses, apart from them, you can’t apply for any other courses in the particular institution.