Kaduna Polytechnic courses offered have been accredited by the NTBE which gave them an order to legally carry out the lecturing of those particular courses.
Since its establishment, Kaduna Poly has been carrying out different types of courses and programs to eligible students who were admitted into the tertiary institution.
Today, MubeeCenter would be discussing about the Kaduna Polytechnic courses that any aspiring student or applicant can choose to study in the institution.
Although there are many courses of Kaduna Polytechnic, it is necessary for one to know and understand which kind of course he/she can choose (that will suit his/her SSCE grades result and even Jamb Result).
Some courses at Kaduna Poly are highly competitive, which requires more marks for one to be able to gain admission into the Polytechnic.
Nevertheless, MubeeCenter would list some criteria for one to look into before choosing any type of program or course offered in Kaduna Poly.
They are listed below;
1. Combination of the Subjects of your SSCE (WAEC, NECO, or other)
2. Potential cut-off mark of the course. What this simply mean here is that the special cut-off mark in which your particular course need before one can gains admission into it institution.
Their is different between the cut-off mark and the potential cut-off mark. And what is the difference?
The difference is that cut-off mark means the general approved required marks of Kaduna Polytechnic, while the potential one is the cut-off mark that is above the first one which will give chances of being admitted even if their are too much applicants that applied for the course. i.e cut-off mark = 120 (which is the general) potential cut-off mark= 150
Meanwhile, the potential one gives one more assurance of getting admission.
Without much wasting of time, it is highly important for us to discuss the Subject Combination too.
The subject combination of the Kaduna Polytechnic course is almost the same with others, but with little difference.
The subject combinations are basic subjects which one study in his secondary school. They are mostly categorized as 5-6.
The subject combination can fall either in Science, Art, or Commercial. Below is a breakdown list of all the categories.
Mathematics, English, Physic, Chemistry, Biology
Mathematics, English, Literature, Government, Economics,
Mathematics, English, Marketing, Agriculture,
The above is much important for someone to know when choosing any Kaduna Poly Course so as to avoid a misleading error. If you are science student, chose a science course and vice-versa.
While there are some general courses of Kaduna Polytechnic which all category students can afford to study.
Now let go into the main point, which is Kaduna Poly Courses.
See all below;
- AGRICULTURAL AND BIO-ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY
- ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- CO-OPERATIVE ECONOMICS & MANAGEMENT
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT AND VALUATION
- FASHION DESIGN AND CLOTHING TECHNOLOGY
- FOOD TECHNOLOGY
- HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
- INDUSTRIAL SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- LEISURE AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT STUDIES
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- MINERAL AND PETROLEUM RESOURCES ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
- OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT
- PRINTING TECHNOLOGY
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
- SURVEYING AND GEO-INFORMATICS
- TEXTILES TECHNOLOGY
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
The above are the current only accredited Kaduna Polytechnic courses.
They might implement other courses and porgeammes in the future as a matter of time. The institution is on it growing time.
Those courses are major ones almost every Nigerian institution started with before expanding into more.
In a short brief tail, every wished student of the Kaduna Polytechnic would choose among the above listed courses, apart from them, you can’t apply for any other courses in the particular institution.