Imo State University courses offered have been accredited by the National Universities Commission, NUC which gave them an order to legally carry out the lecturing of those particular courses.
Since its establishment, Imo State University has been carrying out different types of courses and programs to eligible students who were admitted into the tertiary institution.
Today, MubeeCenter would be discussing about the courses that any aspiring student or applicant can choose to study in the institution.
Although there are many courses of Imo State University, it is necessary for one to know and understand which kind of course he/she can choose (that will suit his/her SSCE grades result and even Jamb Result).
Some courses at Imo State University are highly competitive, which requires more marks for one to be able to gain admission into the University.
Nevertheless, MubeeCenter would list some criteria for one to look into before choosing any type of program or course offered IMSU.
They are listed below;
1. Combination of the Subjects of your SSCE (WAEC, NECO, or other)
2. Potential cut-off mark of the course. What this simply mean here is that the special cut-off mark in which your particular course need before one can gains admission into it institution.
Their is different between the cut-off mark and the potential cut-off mark. And what is the difference?
The difference is that cut-off mark means the general approved required marks of Imo State University, while the potential one is the cut-off mark that is above the first one which will give chances of being admitted even if their are too much applicants that applied for the course. i.e cut-off mark = 120 (which is the general) potential cut-off mark= 150
Meanwhile, the potential one gives one more assurance of getting admission.
Without much wasting of time, it is highly important for us to discuss the Subject Combination too.
The subject combination of the Imo State University course is almost the same with others, but with little difference.
The subject combinations are basic subjects which one study in his secondary school. They are mostly categorized as 5-6.
The subject combination can fall either in Science, Art, or Commercial. Below is a breakdown list of all the categories.
Mathematics, English, Physic, Chemistry, Biology
Mathematics, English, Literature, Government, Economics,
Mathematics, English, Marketing, Agriculture,
The above is much important for someone to know when choosing any IMSU Course so as to avoid a misleading error. If you are science student, chose a science course and vice-versa.
While there are some general courses of Imo State University which all category students can afford to study.
Now let go into the main point, which is IMSU Courses.
See all below;
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL SCIENCE AND FISHERIES
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CROP SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATION ACCOUNTING
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND FRENCH:
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND GOVERNMENT
- EDUCATION AND HISTORY:
- EDUCATION AND IGBO:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
- EDUCATIONAL / PSYCHOLOGY GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION
- EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS AND ADMINSTRATION
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH AND LITERARY STUDIES
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- FINE AND APPLIED ARTS:
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE:
- GEOGRAPHY ANDENVIRONMENTALMANAGEMENT
- GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- INDUSTRIAL MATHEMATICS:
- INDUSTRIAL MICROBIOLOGY
- INDUSTRIAL PHYSICS
- INSURANCE AND ACTUARIAL SCIENCE
- LAND SURVEYING:
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MANAGEMENT STUDIES
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE:
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- NUTRITION AND DIETETICS:
- PUBLIC HEALTH
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- SOIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- SOIL SCIENCE
- SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- THEATRE ARTS
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING:
The above are the current only accredited IMSU courses.
They might implement other courses and porgeammes in the future as a matter of time. The institution is on it growing time.
Those courses are major ones almost every Nigerian institution started with before expanding into more.
In a short brief tail, every wished student of the Imo State University would choose among the above listed courses, apart from them, you can’t apply for any other courses in the particular institution.