Enugu State University courses offered have been accredited by the National Universities Commission, NUC which gave them an order to legally carry out the lecturing of those particular courses.
Since its establishment, Enugu State University has been carrying out different types of courses and programs to eligible students who were admitted into the tertiary institution.
Today, MubeeCenter would be discussing about the courses that any aspiring student or applicant can choose to study in the institution.
Although there are many courses of Enugu State University, it is necessary for one to know and understand which kind of course he/she can choose (that will suit his/her SSCE grades result and even Jamb Result).
Some courses at ESUT are highly competitive, which requires more marks for one to be able to gain admission into the University.
Nevertheless, MubeeCenter would list some criteria for one to look into before choosing any type of program or course offered ESUT.
They are listed below;
1. Combination of the Subjects of your SSCE (WAEC, NECO, or other)
2. Potential cut-off mark of the course. What this simply mean here is that the special cut-off mark in which your particular course need before one can gains admission into it institution.
Their is different between the cut-off mark and the potential cut-off mark. And what is the difference?
The difference is that cut-off mark means the general approved required marks of Enugu State University, while the potential one is the cut-off mark that is above the first one which will give chances of being admitted even if their are too much applicants that applied for the course. i.e cut-off mark = 120 (which is the general) potential cut-off mark= 150
Meanwhile, the potential one gives one more assurance of getting admission.
Without much wasting of time, it is highly important for us to discuss the Subject Combination too.
The subject combination of the Enugu State University course is almost the same with others, but with little difference.
The subject combinations are basic subjects which one study in his secondary school. They are mostly categorized as 5-6.
The subject combination can fall either in Science, Art, or Commercial. Below is a breakdown list of all the categories.
Mathematics, English, Physic, Chemistry, Biology
Mathematics, English, Literature, Government, Economics,
Mathematics, English, Marketing, Agriculture,
The above is much important for someone to know when choosing any ESUT Course so as to avoid a misleading error. If you are science student, chose a science course and vice-versa.
While there are some general courses of Enugu State University which all category students can afford to study.
Now let go into the main point, which is ESUT Courses.
See all below;
- ACTUARIAL SCIENCE
- ADULT EDUCATION:
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION:
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL PRODUCTION AND HEALTH SERVICES
- ARABIC AND ISLAMIC STUDIES
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE(S)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING:
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- COOPERATIVE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- CROP, SOIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- CURRICULUM STUDIES
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- EDUCATION ACCOUNTING
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND FRENCH:
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND HISTORY:
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND MECHANICAL AND AUTOMECHANIC TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND YORUBA
- EDUCATION FOUNDATIONS AND MANAGEMENT
- EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS EDUCATION
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH AND LITERARY STUDIES
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT:
- FORESTRY, WILDLIFE AND FISHERIES
- GEOGRAPHY AND PLANNING SCIENCE
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM
- HUMAN KINETICS AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- INDUSTRIAL MATHEMATICS:
- INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- INDUSTRIAL TECHNICAL EDUCATION:
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MATHEMATICS /STATISTICS EDUCATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- NURSERY AND PRIMARY EDUCATION
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- PLANT SCIENCE AND FORESTRY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PURE CHEMISTRY
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION:
- THEATRE ARTS
- TOURISM STUDIES
- VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
The above are the current only accredited ESUT courses.
They might implement other courses and porgeammes in the future as a matter of time. The institution is on it growing time.
Those courses are major ones almost every Nigerian institution started with before expanding into more.
In a short brief tail, every wished student of the Enugu State University would choose among the above listed courses, apart from them, you can’t apply for any other courses in the particular institution.