Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria courses offered have been accredited by the National Universities Commission, NUC which gave them an order to legally carry out the lecturing of those particular courses.
Since its establishment, Ahmadu Bello University has been carrying out different types of courses and programs to eligible students who were admitted into the tertiary institution.
Today, MubeeCenter would be discussing about the courses that any aspiring student or applicant can choose to study in the institution.
Although there are many courses of Ahmadu Bello University, it is necessary for one to know and understand which kind of course he/she can choose (that will suit his/her SSCE grades result and even Jamb Result).
Some courses at Ahmadu Bello University are highly competitive, which requires more marks for one to be able to gain admission into the University.
Nevertheless, MubeeCenter would list some criteria for one to look into before choosing any type of program or course offered in Ahmadu Bello University.
They are listed below;
1. Combination of the Subjects of your SSCE (WAEC, NECO, or other)
2. Potential cut-off mark of the course. What this simply mean here is that the special cut-off mark in which your particular course need before one can gains admission into it institution.
Their is different between the cut-off mark and the potential cut-off mark. And what is the difference?
The difference is that cut-off mark means the general approved required marks of Ahmadu Bello University, while the potential one is the cut-off mark that is above the first one which will give chances of being admitted even if their are too much applicants that applied for the course. i.e cut-off mark = 120 (which is the general) potential cut-off mark= 150
Meanwhile, the potential one gives one more assurance of getting admission.
Without much wasting of time, it is highly important for us to discuss the Subject Combination too.
The subject combination of the Ahmadu Bello University course is almost the same with others, but with little difference.
The subject combinations are basic subjects which one study in his secondary school. They are mostly categorized as 5-6.
The subject combination can fall either in Science, Art, or Commercial. Below is a breakdown list of all the categories.
Mathematics, English, Physic, Chemistry, Biology
Mathematics, English, Literature, Government, Economics,
Mathematics, English, Marketing, Agriculture,
The above is much important for someone to know when choosing any ABU Zaria Course so as to avoid a misleading error. If you are science student, chose a science course and vice-versa.
While there are some general courses of Ahmadu Bello University which all category students can afford to study.
Now let go into the main point, which is ABU Zaria Courses.
See all below;
- ACTUARIAL SCIENCE
- ADULT EDUCATION AND COMMUNUITY DEVELOPMENT
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ARABIC STUDIES
- AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE(S)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING:
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- CIVIL LAW
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING:
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- DENTISTRY AND DENTAL SURGERY
- DRAMA/DRAMATIC/PERFORMING ARTS
- EDUCATION AND ARABIC
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND HAUSA
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE:
- EDUCATION AND ISLAMIC STUDIES:
- EDUCATION AND LANGUAGE ARTS:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND PLANNING
- ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- FINE ART:
- FISHERIES AND AQUACULTURE:
- FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT:
- GLASS TECHNOLOGY
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HEALTH EDUCATION
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- HUMAN KINETICS
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
- INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- ISLAMIC/SHARIA LAW
- LAND SURVEYING:
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- LITERATURE IN ENGLISH
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE:
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING:
- MINING ENGINEERING:
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- QUANTITY SURVEYING
- SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
- TEXTILE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
- THEATRE AND PERFORMING ARTS
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING:
- VETERINARY MEDICINE
- WATER RESOURCES AND ENVIROMENTAL ENGINEERING
The above are the current only accredited ABU Zaria courses.
They might implement other courses and porgeammes in the future as a matter of time. The institution is on it growing time.
Those courses are major ones almost every Nigerian institution started with before expanding into more.
In a short brief tail, every wished student of the Ahmadu Bello University would choose among the above listed courses, apart from them, you can’t apply for any other courses in the particular institution.