Abia State University, Uturu courses offered have been accredited by the NTBE which gave them an order to legally carry out the lecturing of those particular courses.
Since its establishment, Abia State University has been carrying out different types of courses and programs to eligible students who were admitted into the tertiary institution.
Today, MubeeCenter would be discussing about the courses that any aspiring student or applicant can choose to study in the institution.
Although there are many courses of Abia State University, it is necessary for one to know and understand which kind of course he/she can choose (that will suit his/her SSCE grades result and even Jamb Result).
Some courses at Abia State University are highly competitive, which requires more marks for one to be able to gain admission into the University.
Nevertheless, MubeeCenter would list some criteria for one to look into before choosing any type of program or course offered in Abia State University.
They are listed below;
1. Combination of the Subjects of your SSCE (WAEC, NECO, or other)
2. Potential cut-off mark of the course. What this simply mean here is that the special cut-off mark in which your particular course need before one can gains admission into it institution.
Their is different between the cut-off mark and the potential cut-off mark. And what is the difference?
The difference is that cut-off mark means the general approved required marks of Abia State University, while the potential one is the cut-off mark that is above the first one which will give chances of being admitted even if their are too much applicants that applied for the course. i.e cut-off mark = 120 (which is the general) potential cut-off mark= 150
Meanwhile, the potential one gives one more assurance of getting admission.
Without much wasting of time, it is highly important for us to discuss the Subject Combination too.
The subject combination of the Abia State University course is almost the same with others, but with little difference.
The subject combinations are basic subjects which one study in his secondary school. They are mostly categorized as 5-6.
The subject combination can fall either in Science, Art, or Commercial. Below is a breakdown list of all the categories.
Mathematics, English, Physic, Chemistry, Biology
Mathematics, English, Literature, Government, Economics,
Mathematics, English, Marketing, Agriculture,
The above is much important for someone to know when choosing any ABSU Course so as to avoid a misleading error. If you are science student, chose a science course and vice-versa.
While there are some general courses of Abia State University which all category students can afford to study.
Now let go into the main point, which is ABSU Courses.
See all below;
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION:
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL SCIENCE AND FISHERIES
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHEMISTRY AND INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING:
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CROP PRODUCTION AND PROTECTION
- EDUCATION ACCOUNTING
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND GOVERNMENT
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATION/FINE ART
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- FINE AND APPLIED ARTS:
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- GEOGRAPHY AND PLANNING
- GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
- LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- LIBRARY SCIENCE
- LINGUISTICS AND COMMUNICATION STUDIES
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE:
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PLANT SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC HEALTH
- PURE AND INDUSTRIAL PHYSICS
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- SOIL SCIENCE
- SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING:
The above are the current only accredited ABSU courses.
They might implement other courses and porgeammes in the future as a matter of time. The institution is on it growing time.
Those courses are major ones almost every Nigerian institution started with before expanding into more.
In a short brief tail, every wished student of the Abia State University would choose among the above listed courses, apart from them, you can’t apply for any other courses in the particular institution.